Ericht Holiday Lodges
Terms and Conditions 2022
DEPOSITS AND BOOKING CONTRACT
You will receive and acknowledgement immediately by return at time of booking and this will be followed up by a direct confirmation email letter from us. Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by that follow up email.
A deposit of 25% is required with completed booking form with balance payable 42 days before arrival. Full payment is required with bookings made within 42 days of arrival date.
For direct bookings from our website we offer several discounts on occupancy and length of stay, early and last-minute bookings. We can also offer early and late checkout (as available) on direct bookings. All special offers are subject to availability. Booking direct always offers best prices. If you have booked through Booking.com we do not offer any under occupancy discounts and the price paid via Booking.com will always be more expensive than booking direct. Please contact us if you would like to rebook direct. 07818671405.
When COVID-19 hit the world, we were all met with unexpected scenarios. Many insurance companies now can offer you some protection against Covid related cancellations.
We still offer pretty amazing flexible cancellation terms & conditions considering our small size and we would like you to be able to book with confidence we can still offer you the ability to cancel free of charge up to 7 days before arrival. The key points and conditions of our terms are listed below.
- You must cancel your holiday in writing by email or letter.
- Cancellations will attract a full refund if made up to 7 days prior to arrival date. Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel as late as the prior Saturday by midnight. We would, however, as a small family business, ask that you give us as much notice as possible.
- If for any reason we must cancel due to circumstances beyond our control (force majeure), you will be offered the opportunity to rebook, receive a voucher or be refunded in full. If we must terminate your holiday early for circumstances out-with our control you will be refunded part of the cost of the holiday based on the time remaining for the booking. This will be the full extent of our liability. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Arrival and Departure Times
Our Reception is open between 4pm and 6pm.
Due to new Covid 19 protocols and government guidelines we are taking additional measures to ensure your lodge is ready for your arrival. This means we have had to move back the arrival times to between 4 and 6pm although arrangements can be made for later arrivals.
Lodges need to be vacated by 10 am on the morning of departure at the very latest.
All of new our arrangements can be found on our Covid-19 Information Page
- We will now ask all customers to cooperate with changes to our housekeeping arrangements to enable us to turn around the lodges more quickly and safely. These will change as time goes on and will be updated and guests will be informed prior to arrival as required.
- The person booking is responsible for the lodge, its furnishings and for ensuring that accommodation is left in a clean and tidy condition and the Covid-19 Safety procedures below:
- We ask that you comply with current Scottish Government guidance to help stop the spread on Coronavirus.
- Please strip the bed linen before departure and place in the laundry bags provided. We also ask that the windows are opened on departure.
- We appreciate if all lodges are left as they are found including all dishes and pans washed with hot soapy water, dried, and put away and bins emptied, and refuse and recycling taken to our main waste point.
- We supply the use of hand sanitizers and would ask guests to use this on returning to the lodge.
- We reserve the right to ask for a good housekeeping deposit of £100 on arrival by card or cash.
- If more than one lodge is booked, then on departure all inventory must be returned to its original lodge. We inspect all lodges on departure.
- Dogs are most welcome (we do not accept cats, or any other animals) but if you intend to bring your dog they must be booked in advance. (if booked through Booking.com payment can be made on site in cash only £5 per night/£30 per full week) Whilst in the grounds we must insist that your dog is always kept on a lead. You must clean up after your dogs and all waste must be disposed of in a bag in the green lidded bin at recycling centre. At no point should dogs be left in the lodges on their own. Dogs are NOT allowed in bedrooms on beds or on any other furniture, Failure to observe this policy will result in the hirer being charged a minimum cleaning fee of £50.
- In the interests of Fire Safety and the comfort of our other guests there is no smoking allowed in the lodges Failure to observe our no-smoking policy will result in the hirer being charged a fee of £100, plus any additional cleaning costs incurred. Smoking is permitted on the veranda as long as doors are closed and ashtray is used.
- The number of persons occupying the property during the hire period must not, at any time, exceed that completed on the booking form. Our maximum occupancy for legal reasons is 4. Day visitors are welcome by prior arrangement.
- Bed linen is supplied as appropriate to confirmed booking numbers and is included in the cost, however, bath towels are not. A hand towel, bathmat and dish towel and cloths are provided for use free of charge. If you need to use both bedrooms then let us know in advance (i.e. a bed in each room)
- Our rates include the reasonable use of all services including electricity, water and gas. We currently cannot allow the charging of EV from a supply within the lodge.
- Highchair or travel cot must be booked in advance to ensure availability and cleaned and returned to the reception after use. Current rates are on our website.
- We have a few barbecues for free use within the grounds. These must be booked in advance to ensure availability and cleaned and returned to the reception after use.
Our wi-fi is available free of charge. We have recently (May 2021) upgraded our WiFi giving a wired access point in each Lodge. Internet is still subject to disruption from the Openreach network basically as would happen at home.
VAT is included in all charges. Stays taken before 31st March at 12.5% and stays taken from 1st April at 20%. VAT is recorded at point of arrival not on payment of stay.