Ericht Holiday Lodges
Terms and Conditions 2020
DEPOSITS AND BOOKING CONTRACT
You will receive and acknowledgement immediately by return at time of booking and this will be followed up by a direct confirmation email letter from us. Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by that follow up email.
A deposit of 25% is required with completed booking form with balance payable 42 days before arrival. Full payment is required with bookings made within 42 days of arrival date.
When Covid 19 hit the world, we were all met with unexpected scenarios, for us one of the main blows was that our Insurers declared that our cover was not for interruption by a pandemic. Many holiday makers will now also find moving forward that they will not be able to cover the cost of their holidays against cancellation due to Covid 19 related illnesses or government lockdowns.
We have therefore signed up with “Master Cancel” which features flexible cancellation terms & conditions allowing you to book with confidence and us to sell holidays knowing that we are covered too. If you have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances then you will be returned your valuable booking payments by us and we will not suffer the same losses as before.
FOR BOOKINGS MADE ON OR AFTER 8TH JUNE 2020 FOR ARRIVAL 1ST AUGUST ONWARDS:
These bookings have flexible cancellation cover as above via Master Cancel.
- You must cancel your holiday in writing by email or letter.
- Cancellations will attract full refund if within 60 days to 2 days prior to arrival date. Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Refund repayment will be reimbursed on the check-out date of original booking.
- If you cancel before 60 days your deposit will not be reimbursed unless we can rebook your dates and be will subject to the cancellation fee of £30.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR BOOKINGS MADE:
- PRIOR TO AND AFTER 8TH June 2020 FOR HOLIDAYS IN JULY 2020
- PRIOR TO 8TH June 2020 FOR HOLIDAYS AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE
We recommend holiday cancellation insurance as you are liable for full hire charge if cancelling within 42 days of arrival (unless due to Government enforced lockdown). We would try our best to re book the lodge, if this is possible, we will return the balance/deposit less a cancellation fee of £30.
If for any reason we must cancel due to circumstances beyond our control (force majeure), you will be offered the opportunity to rebook, receive a voucher or be refunded in full. If we must terminate your holiday early for circumstances out-with our control you will be refunded part of the cost of the holiday based on the time remaining for the booking. This will be the full extent of our liability. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Arrival and Departure Times
Our Reception is open between 9am and 10am and again between 4pm and 6pm.
Due to new Covid 19 protocols and government guidlines we are taking additional measures to ensure your lodge ready for your arrival. This means we have had to move back the arrival times to between 4 and 6pm although arrangements can be made for later arrivals.
Lodges need to be vacated by 10 am on the morning of departure at the very latest.
All of new our arrangements can be found on our Covid-19 Information Page
- We will now ask all customers to cooperate with changes to our housekeeping arrangements to enable us to turn around the lodges more quickly and safely.
- The person booking is responsible for the lodge, its furnishings and for ensuring that accommodation is left in a clean and tidy condition. We appreciate if all lodges are left as they are found (i.e. all dishes and pans washed, dried and put away and bins emptied, and refuse taken to our main waste point). We reserve the right to ask for a good housekeeping deposit of £100 on arrival by card or cash.
- If more than one lodge is booked, then on departure all inventory must be returned to its original lodge. We inspect all lodges on departure.
- Dogs are most welcome (we do not accept cats, or any other animals) but if you intend to bring your dog they must be booked in advance. (if booked through Booking.com payment can be made on site in cash only £4 per night/£25 per full week) Whilst in the grounds we must insist that your dog is always kept on a lead. You must clean up after your dogs and all waste must be disposed of in a bag in the appropriate bin. At no point should dogs be left in the lodges on their own. Dogs are NOT allowed in bedrooms on beds or on any other furniture, Failure to observe this policy will result in the hirer being charged a minimum cleaning fee of £50.
- In the interests of Fire Safety and the comfort of our other guests there is no smoking allowed in the lodges Failure to observe our no-smoking policy will result in the hirer being charged a fee of £100, plus any additional cleaning costs incurred.
- The number of persons occupying or visiting the property during the hire period must not, at any time, exceed that completed on the booking form, unless prior arrangements have been made with us.
- For 5 occupants in a lodge there is a £25 per break on top of the rate shown for 4 sharing. This covers bed linen, electricity, gas and water use.
- Bed linen is supplied as appropriate to confirmed booking numbers and is included in the cost, however, bath towels are not. A hand towel, bathmat and dish cloths are provided for use free of charge. If you need to use both bedrooms then let us know in advance (i.e. a bed in each room)
- Our rates include the reasonable use of all services including electricity, water and gas
- Highchair or travel cot must be booked in advance to ensure availability and cleaned and returned to the reception after use. Current rates are on our website.
- We have a few small barbecues for free use within the grounds. These must be booked in advance to ensure availability and cleaned and returned to the reception after use.
Our wi-fi is available free of charge. The best service is available around the reception area. It is not currently available in Drimmie, Ericht and Isla Lodges with our rural and wooded setting, service is limited the further from reception you are.
Discounts and Special Offers
We operate several discounts on occupancy and length of stay, early and last-minute bookings, please see our website for details. All special offers are subject to availability. Booking direct always offers best prices.