Now that we have started to adapt to a new “normal” and national lockdowns have been replaced by local restrictions, we wanted to let you know in advance about the changes we have had to make. We have your family and our family’s health and safety as our top priority and hope that this will not be at the expense of a relaxing and well-deserved break in our beautiful town of Blairgowrie. We are following the Scottish Government’s guidelines and new protocols for our industry. We have completed the necessary hygiene training and carried out risk assessments to ensure that we have controls in place for us to reopen confidently. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact us.
We are governed by Scottish Parliament restrictions currently and these include the law that no more than one household can come to stay in one of our lodges, unless the 2 households form an "extended" household or a "bubble". You can however book more than one lodge but the same rules cover the visiting of each lodge.
We have chosen to use Dew Products to clean and sanitise the lodges. These products are manufactured in Dundee and tick all the boxes to tackle the job and keep you and the planet safe as well as allowing us to “shop local” We will be cleaning the lodges then sanitising all hard and soft surfaces. We have more information in our “My Stay Planner” so that you can read how this gentle yet tough product works.
The changes we have made are as follows:
- On arrival we will be asking guests to remain in the car park area and call Kay on 07818671405. Someone will come to welcome you and direct you to your lodge.
- We would like to still “personally” welcome you and would be keen to show one member of the group/family into the lodge as we believe this allows you to settle in much quicker. We would also ask to not bring any dogs into the lodge at that time.
- We have delayed our check in time to 4pm but have left our check out time as 10am, but we have asked if you could do a few things to help us before you go (see below)
- We will be asking all guests to remove their shoes and sanitise their hands as soon as they enter their property and to wash their hands regularly when in their lodge. We will have a sanitiser dispenser and shoe covers at the door of each lodge to help you with this.
- We have provided cleaning products and anti-viral spray in each lodge.
- We have provided a basket in each lodge so that any books, games and DVD’s etc used during your stay can be placed in the basket so that we can sanitise them before they are put back in to use.
- We will be scaling back on the number of utensils and items of cookware in the kitchen however, as always, if you need something that is not in the lodge we will do our best to supply it to you. We hope to produce a list of the inventory in each lodge to help you prepare for your visit.
- We will be making up the beds as per occupancy with one pillow per head. We will of course leave additional pillows in bags in the lodge in case you would like to use more. If you have booked as 2 but would like to use separate rooms, please let us know in advance and we can arrange this.
- On your departure day, you will be asked to strip all the beds in your lodge and place the linen in a bag provided and open all windows.
- We will be asking all our guests to securely bag all general waste and take with their recycling to the central recycling area by the carpark.
I do not really like lists like this especially since we haven’t managed a proper “hello” yet! We do hope, however, that you will understand that by have these controls in place we will allow us to be ready for your arrival on time and then again for those guests following you.
Many thanks and can’t wait to meet you
Kay and Family