So Many Places to Visit From Your Holiday Base in Blairgowrie.
Many of Scotland's most famous heritage sites
lie in close proximity to Blairgowrie:
- Glamis Castle, Angus : Childhood home of the late Queen Mother and legendary setting for Shakespeare's ‘Macbeth'. 01307 840393
- Scone Palace, Perth : Historic crowning place of Kings of Scots 01738 552300
- Arbroath Abbey, Angus : Site of the signing of the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320 in which Scotland 's nobles swore their independence 01241 878756
- Balmoral Castle, Royal Deeside : Built for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert , a private home of the Royal family where they enjoy 2 months in Autumn. 013397 42534
- Edinburgh Castle : A year round lively programme of events for everyone at Edinburgh Castle.
Discover the traditional distilleries of Scotland:
there are 5 within an hour of Blairgowrie, and famous Speyside is only 2 hours drive away.
- Erdradour Distillery, Nr Pitlochry : Scotland's smallest Distillery 01796 472095
- The Glenturret Distillery Crieff : Scotland's oldest distillery and home of The Famous Grouse Blended whisky 01764 656565
- Dewar's World of Whisky, Aberfeldy : A global brand from small family beginnings . 01887822010
- Bell's Blair Athol Distillery, Pitlochry : Single malt production and follow the art of blending some of Scotland 's finest blends. 017996 472161
- Royal Lochnagar Ditillery, Ballater : Local distillery to Balmoral,. 013397 42700
Visitor Centres and Family attractions
offer something to everyone, no matter what your age or interest:
- Discovery Point & RRS Discovery : Soak up Martime history and experience life with Captain Scott on an epic Antartic adventure. 01382 309060
- Beatrix Potter Exhibition, Birnam Both children and adults alike will enjoy learning about how the wildlife rich Perthshire inspired many of her famous characters 01350 727674
- Loch of The Lowes Visitor Centre, (SWT) Dunkeld : Most popular in May to watch Ospreys. Excellent observation hide to view pine martin, red squirrel, many wildfowl and other birds. 01350 727337
- Active Kid Adventure Park, Stanley : Keep the kids happy with pedal go karts, trampolines, crazy golf, small animal farm, etc, reward yourself with excellent homebaking. 01738 827286
- Stanley Mills, Stanley (HS ): New hi tech interactive visitor experience at the spectacular 18th Century water mill complex on the majestic River Tay 01738 828268
- J M Barrie's birthplace, Kirriemuir : The creator of Peter Pan much to see in this delightful Angus country town from Camera Obscura to a living-willow crocodile 0844 4932142
- The Helix : The Helix has been around since 2003, borne from an idea to create a local greenspace that connects and engages with its local communities. Here you can see the Kelpies